Healing with the Heart
1-Day Herbal Medicine & Meditation
September 21, 2019
10 am – 6 pm
Shambhala Yoga & Dance Center
367 St. Mark’s Ave, Brooklyn, NY, 11238
Need a moment of connection in the city?
Does your heart ache for healing?
Join Heather Sanderson for our 1-day urban retreat focusing on the heart – with lots of experiential meditations, journeys and hands-on herbal medicine making to support your heart.
When we learn to be in connection with the heart, stay with the sensory experience, and allow the heart to show us ways of connecting – with ourselves, our true spirit, and others – the power of the heart can become limitless, accepting, and open.
In this one-day retreat we will:
- discuss a foundational overview of the heart from a physical, energetic and psychological perspective
- learn about how Hawthorn and Violet can help your heart
- make (and enjoy) an herbal infusion and tincture that you take home with you
- journey to meet a plant ally just for your heart
- experience movement and meditation to help balance the heart center
10-10:30 – Opening Circle
10:30-11:15 – Overview of the Day & Introduction to the Heart
11:15-12:00 — Heart Connection Movement & Meditation
12-1:00 – Lunch Break
1-1:15 – Intro to Herbal Medicine
1:15-2 – Meet Hawthorn (overview of plant, folklore, magical and medicinal properties)
2-2:30 – Make Herbal Infusions
2:30-3 – Break
3-3:45 – Meet Violet (overview of plant, folklore, magical and medicinal properties)
3:45-4:30 – Making Tinctures
4:30-5:30 – Shamanic Drum Journey to Meet a Plant Ally for the Heart
5:30-6 – Closing Circle