I’ve never done yoga. Can I still come to class?
Yes – absolutely! Everyone is welcome.
I’m not flexible enough to do yoga. Do you think I can still come?
Yes – absolutely! You do not need to have flexibility in order to practice yoga. Yoga is a tool that can help bring flexibility in mind and body and meets you wherever you are.
What is Yoga Nidra?
Yoga nidra is a guided meditation technique practiced laying down in savasana. It’s based on the tantric technique called nyasa – which aims to make every single cell in the body conscious. Through the practice of yoga nidra we bring ourselves into a hypnagogic state – a state in between being awake and being asleep. In this state – and through the different stages of guided meditation – we have more access to our subtle bodies and subconscious and unconscious mind. Yoga nidra promotes deep relaxation – relieving physical stress and tension, as well as emotional, mental and energetic stress.
If you’d like to listen to an audio workshop that shares concrete examples of what yoga nidra is and how to use it in your daily life, check out my Yoga Nidra for Everyday Life workshop available on Google Play, Kobo, Nook, Scribd as an audio book and on Amazon Kindle as an eBook.
What are some benefits of yoga nidra?
(Source: Mona Anand Yoga Nidra Training)
- helps promote deep relaxation of physical, mental and emotional body, releasing tension at every level
- helps access and release information stored in the subconscious and unconscious mind, contributing to healing
- can help restore lack of sleep (it is said that 20 minutes of yoga nidra can be equivalent to four hours of sleep)
- helps enhance focus and concentration
- helps enhance and build creativity, visualization and problem-solving
- helps release hormones that are associated with pain reduction
- can also be helpful for people working with anxiety, depression, insomnia, PTSD and chronic pain
Want to hear more about the benefits and some concrete real-life examples? Check out my Yoga Nidra for Everyday Life workshop available on Sellfy.
What is Restorative Yoga?
Restorative yoga is a practice where props are used for support. This allows you to feel safe and supported which gives your sympathetic nervous system (responsible for your fight, flight and freeze response) an often much-needed rest and gives your parasympathetic nervous system space to do what it does best (rest and digest). It’s a tool designed to bring both aspects of your nervous system into balance.
How Can I Contact You?
Feel free to reach out via email: email@example.com.
You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and twitter: @hsanderson
Do you have an eNewsletter?
I do send a monthly email of class offerings, workshops, retreats etc. If you’re interested in receiving it please sign up here: http://eepurl.com/b9KuHH