What’s in a Dream? A Dream Sharing Workshop
“All dreams come in the spirit of healing”
Ever want to know what your dreams are telling you?
Do you not remember your dreams and wish you could?
Want to enhance your dreaming abilities?
In this dream workshop we’ll explore some guiding principles of working with dreams, explore tools to help enhance and promote dream work and learn why sharing dreams is important both individually and collectively.
The goal here is not to analyze, but to listen and offer insights to others, while also receiving insight through all that is shared.
Heather will then facilitate a dream sharing circle with the group.
Write down and bring a fragment of a recent dream or an entire dream to share with the group.
No dream is too big or small.
All are welcome.
$30/$25 if booked in advance.
Winter Solstice Yoga Workshop
Thursday December 21st, 7-9 pm
Studio 2 Yoga
78 Main Street South Unit #1,
(above the Old Bank)
Did you know that the word solstice comes from the latin sol (sun) and sistere (to stand still)? At this time the seasonal movement of the sun’s path (as seen from earth) comes
to a stop before reversing direction.
In the Northern Hemisphere, the Winter Solstice also marks the longest day of darkness and the beginning of a return to the light.
It’s a time to pause, restore and turn inward. A time to honour both the darkness and the light within. To learn how to cultivate these moments of taking time for ourselves and trust in the unfolding of the path ahead.
See what you might need to cultivate or let go of on your own path.
In this workshop we will:
- discuss more about the winter solstice and its energetic qualities
- learn about the nervous system (with focus on the parasympathetic or “rest and digest” functions
- move through a centering and sharing circle
- experience some active and restorative yoga postures to help move through stuck energy
- discover what will help nourish and replenish you on your path through a long, guided yoga nidra practice
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register
Heart Connection Workshop
Did you know that the heart has an electromagnetic field that extends 8-10 feet from the body and is 5,000 times stronger than the field produced from the brain? (HeartMath Institute)
The heart is our primary sense organ and often that sensory experience is overlooked or overruled by the brain.
What happens when we actually tap into the power of our heart?
We are designed have constant communication between the heart center, the rest of the body, and the brain.
When we learn to be in connection with the heart, stay with the sensory experience, and allow the heart to show us ways of connecting – with ourselves, our true spirit, and others – the power of the heart can become limitless, accepting, and open.
This workshop will allow you to understand your own heart and how it works in relation to others, decision-making, and living your life in an embodied way.
In this workshop we will:
- discuss a foundational overview of the heart from a yoga, chakra and scientific perspective
- experience a cycle of attunement to help embody sensing from the heart
- move through some yoga postures to explore your personal heart balance (and potential imbalance)
- discover what messages the heart has for you through a deep meditation practice
- connect with another participant in a heart-exploration exercise
$45/$40 in advance